Rather than a technological list of software and hardware, this is a personal narrative of my evolving relationship with computers, which began in 1970 with college mainframe programming course that I nearly failed.
- My Romance with Computers - how I came to own a personal computer in 1983.
- Outliners and Organizers: my trauma with getting ideas out of some hidden corner of my head and on paper. It's not a pretty story.
- Commandline Efficiency with 4NT and Take Command from JP Software. Why I still like to work the old way.
- WOPR, a shareware product to enhance flawed versions of Microsoft Word, but the company kept inserting WOPR's features back into Word until it no longer became worthwhile to keep ahead of Microsoft (eventhough there are problems in MS Office).
- Presentations and PowerPoint: the ongoing struggle to avoid reducing life and knowledge to bullet points.
- Writing on the Visor - why I enjoy using a handheld or personal data assistant for writing and brainstorming.
- For web development, look at my daily tools. This is a broad list of applications, utilities, online services andn other crutches that are not exclusively related to web development.
- Online research and assistance
- Also see the About this site